Getting Visa at Airport
Due to COVID-19 pandemic, the issuance of visas upon arrival at the international airports of the Republic of Azerbaijan and electronic visas via "ASAN Visa" system have been suspended since March 12, 2020, in order to prevent the spread of the virus on the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
In case of any changes, additional information will be provided.
Only in exceptional cases, foreign nationals and stateless persons are allowed to obtain entry visas at Azerbaijan’s international airports. Most of these cases concern the foreign nationals who either work in diplomatic missions in Azerbaijan or are visiting Azerbaijan at the official invitation of Azerbaijan’s relevant state body. The full list of such eligibility can be viewed here.
Also the nationals of the following countries can obtain single entry visas (valid for 30 days) upon arrival at all international airports of Azerbaijan: Bahrain, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, Oman, People’s Republic of China, Qatar, Republic of Korea, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Turkey.
Since September, 2014, the U.S. citizens travelling by the New York-Baku direct flight on Azerbaijan Airlines (AZAL) are also eligible to obtain short stay single entry (valid for 30 days) Azerbaijani visa upon arrival at the Heydar Aliyev International Airport in Baku.
The Azerbaijan Airlines introduced direct flights from New York's JFK Airport to Baku's Heydar Aliyev International Airport twice a week starting September 24, 2014. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan now provides special arrangements to facilitate the visa process for U.S. citizens.
The following documents are required to obtain a short stay single entry (up to 30 days) visa upon arrival:
1. Valid passport
2. Two passport size photos of the applicant
3. Visa fee: for US citizens- 20 US dollars
4. Completed visa application form filled out upon arrival*
5. Boarding pass from the AZAL flight
6. Letter of invitation*
- For business and humanitarian visit - an invitation letter from receiving company/organization
- For personal visit - an invitation letter from an Azerbaijani citizen or a foreign citizen currently legally residing in Azerbaijan along with a copy of their Azerbaijani ID
- For touristic visit - copy of hotel reservation
*marked documents are not mandatory, but recommended
Below are the contact details of the AZAL Representative in USA.
North America Representative of the Azerbaijan Airlines (AZAL):