Travel to Azerbaijan requires an entry visa, unless there is an agreement on visa free travel with the country of citizenship (see the list of relevant countries).
To obtain a single entry visa for travel to Azerbaijan, the following documents must be submitted to the Consular Section of the Consulate General:
1. Completed visa application form
To fill out visa application form:
• Visit the website: http://evisa.mfa.gov.az
• Register in “Sign up” page.
• Fill out the “Application form”.
• Submit the application form.
• Print the visa application form filled online and submit the hard copy along with other required documents.
2. Valid passport or other travel document (photocopies will not be accepted), which should have at least one clear page for the visa;
A passport must be valid for no less than one month after the date of your planned departure from Azerbaijan
Holders of travel documents must submit valid permanent resident card.
3. Two passport sized photos of the applicant, taken within the last 6 months to reflect the current appearance.
4. Letter of Invitation
▪ For business and humanitarian visits, an official letter of invitation from the inviting party is required.
▪ For personal visits - a letter of invitation (dəvətnamə) is required
from Azerbaijani citizen (applicant’s relatives or friends) or foreign citizen currently residing in Azerbaijan. The letter of invitation must contain full name of the invited person, his/her date of birth, passport number, duration of stay in Azerbaijan, exact address and contact information of the inviting party and must be accompanied by a copy of ID (şəxsiyyət vəsiqəsi) of the inviting person.
Visa fee for the US citizens is $160 US dollars. For nationals of other countries, click here.
To obtain a visa by mail, the applicant must include a postage paid return envelope (USPS, FedEx or UPS). The Consulate General of Azerbaijan does not assume any responsibility for the lost postal delivery. As the Consulate General does not keep tracking numbers of your mail, you are advised to keep a record of it in order to track your passport's return to you.
Please send all the above-mentioned documents to:
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Business hours of the Consular Section are Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10 A.M. to 1 P.M.
If you have any questions, you can contact the Consular Section at (310) 444-9101 (ext. 3) email@example.com
Processing time is 10 business days. The day of submission/delivery of documents by mail is not included in processing time. Visa processing starts only after the Consulate has received all necessary documents.
In accordance with domestic legislation and subject to the international agreements to which Azerbaijan is a party, the Government of the Republic of Azerbaijan reserves the right to deny visa.
Please note, all foreigners intending to stay in Azerbaijan for more than 10 days must register with the State Migration Service. For more info please click here.
Please see the following video about how to correctly apply for visa: